MOROCCAN VEGETABLE TAGINE
LOW FODMAP, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE & VEGAN
I love Moroccan food but usually find that there is LOTS of onion and garlic in the base of most dishes so I decided to create a low FODMAP Morroccan Vegetable Tagine. It’s also gluten free, dairy free, nut free and vegan too and super easy to make! Ideal for a midweek dinner. It’s a really quick dish to make as once you’ve prepped the veg, you just leave it to simmer in the pot for 20 mins and it’s done!
Serves 2 people
Time to cook (30mins)
30g Butternut Squash
70g Red Peppers
180g Chopped Tomatoes (Canned)
15g Spring Onion (green part only)
150ml of water
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Chilli Powder (optional)
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp Garlic Infused Oil
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Ground Ginger
Finely chopped Coriander
- Chopped all the vegetables up into bite size cubes.
- Heat a large pan with the olive oil and garlic infused oil. Add the butternut squash, aubergine, peppers, courgette and carrots and cook on a high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, spring onion and water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander on top. Serve with gluten free cous cous, pilau rice or with some bread for a hearty meal! It’s really tasty with some lactose free yoghurt/creme fraiche as pictured above but this is optional.
Hope you all enjoy this tasty dish as much as I did! 🙂