Why not try our new tasty recipe this weekend! Our double chocolate muffins are low FODMAP, vegan, gluten free, nut free, soya free, and are super delicious!
Topped with a vegan chocolate buttercream, and a crunchy, Cocoa Crunch Cookie Button – they really are an indulgent chocolatey treat!
Recipe makes 6:
FOR THE MUFFINS:
256g GF Plain Flour
2 1/2 tsps of GF Baking Powder
40g Dark Cocoa Powder
90g Caster Sugar
75ml Vegetable Oil
120ml Plant-based milk (you can use lactose free milk, almond milk if you can tolerate nuts, or rice milk)
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
FOR THE TOPPING:
100g Dairy free margarine
30g Icing Sugar
20g Cocoa Powder
6 Cocoa Crunch Cookie Buttons
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add your flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder and mix together. Make a well in the center of the bowl. Slowly add in your oil, milk, and apple cider vinegar. Mix all ingredients together to get your chocolatey muffin batter!
3. In your large muffin tin, pop in 6 muffin cases. Pour your muffin batter into each case, filling 3/4 of the case with the mixture.
4. Bake for 20-25 mins – do the skewer test to make sure they are fully cooked through. Once cooked, leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. To make your butter cream, simply add your margarine, icing sugar, cocoa powder to a bowl and whisk until smooth and soft. Once your muffins are cool, top with a dollop of buttercream and carefully place a Cocoa Crunch Cookie Buttons on top – enjoy!